Prevent Health Deterioration With A Powerful Mold Disinfectant

Allergies, sinusitis, asthma and upper respiratory and other pulmonary conditions, as well as weakened immune systems can all be aggravated by the presence of molds indoors or outdoors. Adverse health effects result in exposure to molds, which thrive in high humidity and damp environments.

Molds, which can be eliminated by using a high quality mold disinfectant, are actually a kind of fungi which release millions of spores borne by air, water and insects, and produce mycotoxin, a toxic agent which can cause birth defects in pregnant women, infant and elderly deaths as a result of infection. Mold pathogens have become resistant to most chemical formulations over the years, the reason more and more manufacturers are racing against one another to come up with both commercially prepared, chemical- and plant-based products.

The Challenge

Molds grow everywhere, and, as mentioned earlier, can be found not only in homes, but also in bathrooms of corporate offices, commercial establishments, schools, and even hospitals. The challenge for an effective mold disinfectant is to kill molds immediately upon contact to prevent them from making a comeback by thwarting any microbial growth on the molecular level even most wet places. An ideal mold killer product is 100% biodegradable with no chemical odors and doesn’t leave any residue after it is used.

Chlorine dioxide, while having no chlorine smell, is considered by some manufacturers to be a better alternative than using hydrogen peroxide or bleach in their products. Some makers of mold disinfectants swear that while chlorine dioxide, which has been used for many years by water supplies to disinfect water, may break down, its by-product would simply be salt.

Two Different Procedures

Cleaning and disinfecting are two different procedures and because the former may not be able to cleanse hard-to-reach places like surface cracks that go deep inside, the latter has taken it upon itself to sterilize and sanitize any area or surface which cleaning agents and hydrogen peroxide disinfectant wipes may have overlooked. Molds are particularly excellent in producing spores which cannot even be seen by the naked eye.

Areas which floods have overran should be treated with a high-grade Mold Disinfectant to discourage the initial growth of this fungi. When a mold’s spores park on damp or wet spots they begin multiplying almost immediately and start digesting whatever they have landed on. Left untreated, molds will continue to propagate because of the moisture of where they’re at, eventually destroying whatever organic material they grow on.

Proper Ventilation

Clean up spills on rugs and floors immediately and remove excess water or liquid with mops. If flooding occurs in your home, check if your water has soaked your wall’s inside and if it has, open wall cavities and drain out the water and then completely dry the area. Keep your home’s surfaces dry, and maintain humidity indoors between 25% and 35% during winter and less than 70% for the rest of the year.

Moisture production inside the home is a major culprit in the presence and growth of molds. While a mold disinfectant can be used to clean, deodorize and sanitize areas affected by molds, providing proper ventilation and sufficient air circulation to areas that tend to accumulate moisture should be the initial step in ensuring that molds do not make an appearance in your home.

Moulds can cause a lot of problems. They infect the place they settle in and cause a lot of health issues to the occupants of the house. It is best to infectant moulds and get rid of them as soon as possible. The removal of moulds and regular cleaning ensures thorough sanitization and cleanliness.